Construction is now completed at this 80,000 sq ft Murray Building at 100 Walnut St. in downtown Peoria. Renovations to this historic building included first floor (Aristo Properties Group) and second floor (Farnsworth Group) retail and commercial space, higher end one and two bedroom apartments on the 3rd and 4th floor and a rooftop patio.
Restoration of a 1928 Mainstay of Peoria's Warehouse District.
The building located at 100 Walnut Street was built by Joseph Stuber and Henry Kuck in 1928, to serve as a manufacturing and warehouse facility for their tinware business. Prior to the current building, a 2 story building was purchased and used by Stuber and Kuck, but the need for expansion drove them to demolish the building and build a larger facility. They constructed a 4 story all concrete and masonry building that was built with the same quality and pride they put in to their tinware products. Notable items manufactured here included self-sealing cans, cracker cans, pieced tinware, and brass specialties. Later, Stuber & Kuck would separate and Joseph Stuber would retain the building. Today, the building still displays the Stuber Building name.
In the fall of 2015, the Murray family and Aristo Properties Group came together to redevelop the building in to a riverfront destination. In early 2016 P.J. Hoerr began the careful restoration that brought modern amenities to this historic downtown Peoria warehouse.
Construction is now completed at this 80,000 sq ft Murray Building at 100 Walnut St. in downtown Peoria. Renovations to this historic building provided space on the first floor for Aristo Properties Group and on the second floor for Farnsworth Group Architects. High end one and two-bedroom apartments were built out on the 3rd and 4th floors and a rooftop patio was also added. Take a look at our construction progression video of the transformation of this great historic building.