P.J. Hoerr’s goal is to continuously work and create the highest safety standards on our projects.
Safety is not an action which happens by chance but rather through the focused attention of all company activities by all parties involved. Employees at all levels must work diligently to execute the company’s policy of maintaining safety and occupation health. Consideration for the owner, employee, project, subcontractor and general public safety is a responsibility undertaken by all levels of our organization. Any incident, regardless of severity, can cause both physical and mental pain making prevention of all incidents a goal well worth achieving. P.J. Hoerr facilitates these safety beliefs by incorporating the following items into every jobsite:
- Safety Orientation Video - All new hires are required to go through a safety orientation video, outlining the basic safety principles which are to be executed on each project.
- Safety Training Observation Cards - Employees are encouraged to fill out P.J. Hoerr Safety Observation Reports (SOR) whenever they observe an unsafe act or a potential hazard. The SOR system helps provide a real-time safety interaction on the jobsite.
- Safety Audits - All Project Managers are required to complete at minimum, one safety audit of their project per month. This enables management to stay in touch with the safety requirements on their job.
- Safety Toolbox Talks - Each week P.J. Hoerr superintendents lead their work crews through a toolbox talk which highlights a specific safety topic. This helps provide our crews with continuous safety awareness throughout the project. Also, superintendents conduct weekly documented safety reports which are then turned into the safety department for review.
- Safety Meetings - As a means of furthering our employee’s safety education, P.J. Hoerr holds quarterly safetymeetings. These meetings focus on new OSHA requirements as well as refresher training topics for new field employees.
Mr. Hinrichsen joined P.J. Hoerr in 2012 where he has taken P.J. Hoerr’s safety program to a much higher level. He works with field supervision to further safety performance on-site, reviews and manages claims on all insurance lines, speaks at quarterly safety meetings, performs incident…More