P.J. Hoerr’s goal is to continuously work and create the highest safety standards on our projects.
Safety is not an action which happens by chance but rather through the focused attention of all company activities by all parties involved. Employees at all levels must work diligently to execute the company’s policy of maintaining safety and occupation health. Consideration for the owner, employee, project, subcontractor and general public safety is a responsibility undertaken by all levels of our organization. Any incident, regardless of severity, can cause both physical and mental pain making prevention of all incidents a goal well worth achieving. P.J. Hoerr facilitates these safety beliefs by incorporating the following ideas into every jobsite:
- Safety Orientation Video - All new hires are required to go through a safety orientation video, outlining the basic safety principles which are to be executed on each project.
- Safety Training Observation Cards - Employees are encouraged to fill out P.J. Hoerr Safety Observation Reports (SOR) whenever they observe an unsafe act or a potential hazard. The SOR system helps provide a real-time safety interaction on the jobsite.
- Safety Audits - All Project Managers are required to complete at minimum, one safety audit of their project per month. This enables management to stay in touch with the safety requirements on their job.
- Safetly Toolbox Talks - Each week P.J. Hoerr superintendents lead their work crews through a toolbox talk which highlights a specific safety topic. This helps provide our crews with continuous safety awareness throughout the project. Also, superintendents conduct weekly documented safety reports which are then turned into the safety department for review.
- Safety Meetings - As a means of furthering our employee’s safety education, P.J. Hoerr holds quarterly safetymeetings. These meetings focus on new OSHA requirements as well as refresher training topics for new field employees.
Hans Hinrichsen serves as P.J. Hoerr's Director of Corporate Safety. In this role Hans oversees and administers all aspects of corporate and project safety and Risk Management for P.J. Hoerr as well as Summit Masonry and Benchmark Cabinetry and Millwork. Hans came to P.J. Hoerr from Hayward…More